Sunday 29 April 2018

Murcielago de colores





I've started the year challenging my self to some body-painting by attending Glastonbury Body art Weekend, the theme was mythical creatures. In the search to find some latin-american flavour that would inspire me, I came across the Mexican tale of the Multicoloured bat, Murcielago de colores, Who blinded by vanity looses all borrowed feathers to then vanish into the darkness.
I found my self surrounded by incredible talent, from artists, models and Photographers. And we all fell once again under the spell. If just for one day u can be transformed or trabsform someone, head to toes into anything completely otherworldly, why wouldn't you? How much does it matter how many paints, synthetics, cosmetics or glitters it takes? Is it ok in the name of art, beauty and inspiration?
 We can all make choices, and we can all make up excuses too for the choices we make. Although the scope of imagination  can easily exceed the limits of politically correct, eco-friendly ideal, striking for a good balance is something I admire in other artists and strive for in my practice.
This being my first event of this sort, I was pleased to discover that sense of awe, that amazing acceptance of the body as a perfect canvas regardless of age, shape race or gender. In particular, strong confident graceful women, going all out to represent our art and walk painted on the Streets of Glastonbury... in January.
Thanks to all the awesome artists, organisers, model and photographers. Extra thanks to Tony Cooney for these awesome pictures :)






No comments:

Post a Comment